Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Alicia's photo challenge for July was to get to know our editing program. Here are my pictures . . .

BEFORE


COLOR BRIGHTENED


BLACK AND WHITE


BEFORE


AFTER

This last picture is from a shoot I did of Sherri and her fiance. This is an actual love letter that he wrote to her. I thought it was sweet. Do any of you have any tricks to brighten up and make the ring glow better? I tried FOREVER, but couldn't find anything that made it look the way I wanted it to. I tried the glow feature on photoshop elements 7, I did leave a slight glow on it with that setting, but I didn't like how when I added too much it just blotched everything white. I want it to glow and look bright, yet still be translucent and show the details of the ring. I would LOVE to here some suggestions!

4 comments:

Emmy said...

I love that ring picture! And I wish I knew how to make it glow more to.. sorry. Hopefully someone knows.

Amy said...

Hey, my friend Rhonda is an awesome photographer. Her personal blog is http://rhondasteed.blogspot.com/ (great photo of the Cardston temple on there right now), and her photography blog is http://www.rsteedphotography.blogspot.com/ Anyway, if you have any photography questions, I bet she could answer them. I can't wait to see pics from Sherri's wedding, go Audrey go!

David and Audrey said...

Thanks Amy! I'll check it out, I love looking at photography blogs/websites . . . it's an addiction I have. Hopefully she'll answer questions from a stranger :) lol.

AshleyK said...

I like how you did edit it. I've found levels and contrast to help a bit with the stuff I've played with. I don't know how it would affect 'glow' though. Good luck.