Sunday, January 8, 2012

It Was a Great Week!!

Well, my first week of 2012 went wonderfully! It wasn't a perfect week, but I never expected that it would be. Progress was my goal and will continue to be my goal through out the year, NOT perfection.

I mentioned in my last post that I was planning to have a schedule in 2012 that would help me to organize my life and accomplish the things I need to get done, so I could have more time to live and enjoy life. I'll write a post tomorrow with more info about that schedule. We got home from family dinner a little late tonight and it's currently 1:00 am. I need to to get to bed so I can be functional tomorrow ... or I guess that would technically be today, now. haha.

In the mean time, here are some highlights from my week! :) ...

-MY WHOLE HOUSE IS CLEAN AND SCRUBBED!! I am SO happy about this!

-The laundry basket never overflowed once.

-I cleaned out, vacuumed, and took my car through the car wash to wash the outside (I plan on dusting it and cleaning the windows this week)

-David's last night of working late at work was on Friday (yay!). In a nutshell, he was the person person put in charge of making sure they sell enough books to get Stephen M.R. Covey and Greg Link's new book, "Smart Trust" on the best seller list. They gave him a goal ... and he passed that goal. He did awesome and I'm so proud of him! His bosses are super happy about it all. They're confident it will be a New York Times best seller - they're really hoping for the #1 spot. We shall see! Now, once he's done running electrical wires at the house (which should hopefully be in the next couple of days) I can have a husband again. Yay! :)

-I got invited out to a girls night. It was a lot of fun! I got to see a friend I hadn't seen in a while and meet several new people.

-My father in law built an awesome plant shelf that goes around the walls of the family room at our new house. I love it!! I'm a sucker for nice/pretty things made out of wood. Especially if it was made specially for me.


Here's also a pic of a quilt shelf my husband and father in law made for me a couple years back. Again ... love things that are made out of wood specially for me. :) This is my favorite wall in my house. Everything on this wall was made by someone - the shelf was made by David and his dad, I made the quilt, I took the pictures of the kids myself, and the sign was made by my sister in law for my birthday. David and I even made the kids ourselves, haha ;).

This used to be my favorite wall in my house, til the quilt shelf got put up. Now it's my second favorite wall. I love the blue color. Everybody that comes in our house compliments this wall ... even people who had never been in our house, but had seen this wall through our window have complimented this wall and asked me what paint color it was. An old neighbor even painted one of her walls the same color cause she liked it so much. I will miss this color. Unfortunately, I don't think there's an appropriate place for this color in our new house.


And the last thing ...

-We made it to 9am church today before they said the opening prayer. I didn't have all of my make up on and we did walk in during the opening song, BUT IT'S PROGRESS. Next week my goal is to make it before Sacrament meeting starts. I hope to have all of my make up on this time, haha ;). Remember - progress, NOT perfection.

And that's all I've got! It was an awesome week and I feel so accomplished. It's a wonderful feeling. Time for bed ...

No comments: