Monday, November 19, 2012

David's 30th Birthday

We had a blast celebrating the death of David's youth! The big 3-0 ... I wanted to make sure we did activities that would make him feel like a young lad still. haha

We started off the day with hiking up to the Timp Caves. David had never done the cave tour before, so we went through and did that too.



















After the hike, we went and ate at Flour Girls and Dough Boys for lunch. It was our first time there. What a cute little place! I don't think we got any pictures there ... if we did, I don't know where they're at.

Later on that night we went out to Guns n' Ammo in Orem and shot some guns. It was awesome!! David got to shoot a sniper rifle too ... and keep the casing from the bullet that came from it. So. Cool. That was David's favorite one he shot that night. My favorite was the .22 rifle. It was nice and light weight and it didn't have any kick back to it, so I could shoot right on the target much easier. I was the crazy lady who showed up wearing flip flops ... I had never shot a gun before, so I didn't bother to think about the HOT shell casings that would land on my toes, haha. It only happened a few times, so not too bad. All the employees thought I was the coolest wife in the world for taking my husband shooting for his birthday ... David thought I was the coolest wife ever, too. Success!!











I know we went out to dinner that night too, but I don't remember where - sorry it's been a while.

I got him a new guitar for his birthday present. He wanted to have a second one, so he could keep them both in different tunings for different songs.

Turning 30 ain't so bad after all. :)


1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Looks like a great way to celebrate your 30th birthday!