Monday, December 22, 2008

Fun Stuff with the Porters

On Saturday we went to the Porter's house and hung out for the day. We had a blast! First we ate sandwiches for lunch, then we let Sandra's Wii Fit insult us and call us overweight :), then we went out and everybody played in the snow (except me, I just took pictures cause my fat pregnant belly didn't make me feel much like romping around in the snow). Allyson LOVED getting pulled around on the the sled in the yard. She went for a ride with Kari and with Hayden. She loved doing doubles on the sled, when Hayden had had enough Allyson kept wanting him to come back and sled with her saying, "I want the Hayden! I want It!" It was hilarious! When we were done with that we went in and had some hot chocolate. They introduced us to the best way to make hot chocolate, we will never go back to adding milk. You make your hot chocolate normal with just water and the cocoa, then you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and stir it around. YUM!! It is a cup of creamy chocolate goodness! And to top it all off we dipped graham crackers in it and it was delicious! I highly recommend everybody to try it. After that we all made ginger bread houses out of graham crackers and I must say if there was an award for the best, Sandra would have gotten it. If there was an award for the worst . . . just kidding, not even going there. And by the way, the big white blob on the yard in James' gingerbread house is not a dog pile, I repeat, it is not a dog pile. It's a melted snow man. We ate pizza for dinner and then had fun playing tennis, bowling, and mario cart on the Wii. Then we ended the night with a few fun rounds of Scattergories. We had a great time.










Sandra's

Audrey's

James'

David's

3 comments:

Kristy said...

OH fun! We miss you guys!

James and Sandra said...

How do you keep up so well with your blog? You are the bomb diggity. I really need to get my act together. That day was sure fun!

famosjanine said...

Isn't snow fun...kids love snow. I must not be a kid any more :-( Just to let you know, Deidre`and Gavin are here until beginning of Jan. minus a few days after Christmas to go to Washington. Stop by sometime when you guys are in town!

Love ya,
Aunt Janine