Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Alicia's Photo Challenge #2

This last weeks challenge was to "get in there". I had a few favorites . . . the first two I took of my husband sitting on the kitchen floor. He had just gotten home from work and I told him to sit down and be my guinea pig. He kept complaining in between shots . . . something about being hungry . . . I don't know, I wasn't really listening, I was having too much fun :). Don't worry all of you perfect wives out there, he only starved for about 5 minutes, I promise. The third picture is of my daughter, Katelyn. The last picture is of my sister in law. I love her eyes!!
I did play around with the coloring on them a little bit just with the program that came with our HP printer to transfer and print our pictures. I dream of getting photo shop . . . someday.

Both of the pics of David are in our kitchen next to the sliding glass doors, with natural light shining in.



This one was also taken in our kitchen, but it was with no natural light. I took a work lamp and shined it on her. The picture straight out of the camera wasn't that great (the lamp didn't provide enough light), but after I played with it a bit, I think it turned out okay.


This picture was taken in the back yard of the new house that she and her fiance just bought.


If anybody wants to do the photo challenges too, click on the button on the top right side of my blog. I'm having sooooo much fun doing them, and I'm sure you would too!

9 comments:

Emmy said...

Great pictures! And good for your husband... my kids are always my guinea pigs.. maybe I will have to make him suffer sometime too ;)

Kerri said...

Great pictures. I wish I could convince my boyfriend to be my guinea pig, but he 'hates having his picture taken'. I just love the flower on the hate in the third picture - and I like that it is a bit darker.

Alicia said...

Audrey! Those portraits of your husband are great! So it the one of your little girl! I like the close up on on the last one... what pretty colors in her eyes! And i like the little hint of hair on the left side! Thanks for participating!

Nai said...

Th eyes look spectacular in that last close up. So nice. All your portraits look professional and great! Gives me some snazzy ammo to convince my husband in to being my model next week.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh these are wonderful!! Your Dh - good lookin man!!! Ohhhhh I love the lower in you little ones hair and look at that smile!!! I think I like the eye shot the best - what amazing skin and eyes she has!! Wonderful detail - lovely shots!!!! Sarah

Amy said...

Great job again!

Moss Family said...

I can tell you're experienced. A professional? Great photos. I need to find a good place like that to capture my family. Thanks for sharing. You gave me an idea.

Xazmin said...

Those are gorgeous! I love them all. I definitely need more practice at this!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Wow! Those pics are awesome! They could seriously pass for the work of a pro!