Saturday, July 7, 2012

Maple Syrup, Anyone?



These shoes of David's HAD TO GO. They needed to go a LONG LONG time ago. He wore them almost everyday ... and he kept insisting they were just fine and refused to buy a new pair of shoes.

Well, I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands.

I decided one morning that I was going to destroy these shoes, so they were no longer wearable. How? Maple syrup.

I chased him around the house with maple syrup, tackled him to the ground, grabbed onto his legs so he couldn't walk out the door. I was DETERMINED. Allyson joined in on the fun and decided to start pouring the maple syrup on his clothes ... somehow I think she missed what the objective was ... lol.

He managed to escape the house and I chased him down the street in my pajamas with the maple syrup bottle in my hand ... and then I had an idea.

I turned around and went back in the house and hurried and got his bosses phone number off of his phone.

After he left for work I texted his boss and told him I needed him to destroy David's shoes so they were unwearable and to use any force necessary to do so. And I told him when he was done to tell David to buy him lunch.

With the personality his boss has, I figured doing something like this would be quite entertaining for him. And in turn would help me out.

Ya, I'm kind of mean sometimes.

I got in contact with one of his other coworkers, too and we started trying to come up with a plan.

Ends up David came home to pick something up later on in the day, so his co workers didn't need to do anything. I played it cool and acted like I didn't really care about his shoes anymore and told him Katelyn had stuffed the toilet full of toilet paper upstairs and I asked him if he could take care of it. He left his shoes in the mud room and went upstairs. While he was up there, I covered his shoes with maple syrup inside and out.

hehehehe >:D

He's been buying the same style shoe since before I met him 8 years ago. I tried to encourage him to try a different style, but he refused.

He went online and ordered the same exact shoes through Zappos. lol

Well, at least they're white, instead of yellow and they don't have holes in them and they don't smell ... yet.