Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Highlights (June)

The girls took a dance class during the summer. They loved being in the same class as their neighbor friend and enjoyed dancing.



We went to the Parade of Homes for the first time ever. We have been missing out! I went one day with some of the girls at David's work and we went another day as a family. I took TONS of pictures that I'm sure are really boring, so I selected just a random 2 for the blog.

David turned 31 and got a car for his birthday! It's a 2011 Nissan Altima.

I got to go on a girls trip for a week. I spent half the week in Kentucky visiting Janae and the other half of the week visiting Corinne in Washington. It was so much fun!! I miss you girls!
Exploring around the Ohio River.

Curled each other's hair, ate out a lot, and saw a few movies.

Did a yoga class at the rec center and went swimming.

Everything is so green and beautiful there.

Awesomest museum ever in Ohio.

Pedicures. Sooo relaxing.

From there I flew to Washington to see Corinne. Our first stop was lunch on the pier with my brother and I got to meet his new wife. Then we walked around and did a little shopping.

The gum wall. So gross, but so cool.

I got to meet her new baby. So cute!

Exploring the tree farm they lived on. SO beautiful!! These pictures don't do it justice.

We stayed at a vacation home of a friend of theirs in a town that I don't remember the name. Great place in a beautiful location. Thank you kind people I don't know!

We went to Port Angeles, Forks, and La Push Beach to explore all of the sites from the Twilight books.
We ate at the Bella Italia Restaurant.

The whole town of Forks has transformed themselves into a Twilight tourist spot. Every store has changed their name and the products they sell to be twilight-esk. They give you a map that shows you how to get to different places like the Cullens house or Jacob's house. Pretty much a house that was always there that they put a sign out in front claiming it as a twilight characters house. Kind of funny. Definitely something to go and see once if your a twilight fan just for fun. It's worth it just to drive through to get to La Push beach. Absolutely beautiful!

We drove to Portland and did a session at the Portland Temple and also shopped at the outlets close to Portland.

The kids had a blast with dad while I was away.

It was such a fun trip!! It was nice to come home to this surprise at the airport. Made me cry :'). They were quite famous that day. Before I got there, they had been there about 10 minutes and people walking by kept asking if they could get a picture of them. I love my little family!

One of our fun trips to Trafalga this summer. Watch out, this family shows no mercy on the bumper boats.