Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Our Anniversary Get Away

We just celebrated our 7th anniversary on February 11th!! It's hard to believe it's been that many years ... And then I look at our engagement picture hanging on the wall. Yep! It's definitely been 7 years!

Do you recognize us? haha ;)



Ahhh, to be young and 21 again. That would be nice. (22 for David)


David surprised me with an AWESOME get away for our anniversary 2 weekends ago. He arranged to have his parents watch the kids (thanks Keith and LaVerne!). And then we went out for what I thought was just going to be dinner and a movie.

We drove up to Sundance and ate at the Foundry Grill. (I had no idea that's where we were going to be eating at.)



I spent about 1 1/2 hours doing my hair. It looks kind of Napoleon Dynomitish in this picture - like I'm about to go around selling glamour shots. But it really did look pretty awesome in person (you'll just have to take my word for it). Usually when I actually try to make my hair look pretty and fancy, I spend FOR.EV.ER. doing it and then end up hating it and wetting it down and blow drying it straight or round brushing it - ya know, the way you see me wearing it just about everyday (unless I'm wearing a hat). I was pretty happy that it worked out this time. :) I'm not very talented in the hair dressing department. I feel bad for my 2 daughters who have to have me do their hair everyday. Sorry girls!!

So, we're at the Foundry Grill and David insists we order an appetizer, and soup, then some of the most expensive things on the menu for our main course, and then dessert - 2 different desserts, actually. And it's definitely NOT cheap to eat at the Foundry Grill for dinner. I assumed he had something up his sleeve, cause he knows I would NEVER be ok with spending that much money on one meal.

When the waitress brought us our check at the end of our meal, it was $114!! David then pulled out a voucher that gave us our whole meal for FREE! Long story short, it's a work perk. Awesome. :)
We did pay the tip ourselves - so I guess it wasn't totally free. Not too bad, though!

These were our main courses. I totally spaced taking pictures of the appetizer, soup and desserts. (By the way, all of the pictures in this post are going to be pretty low quality. We only had a camera phone to take pictures with up there.)




When we were sitting in the restaurant, David handed me a gift with a card. I opened the card and this is what was inside ...



Yep. Sitting inside the most expensive restaurant I've ever eaten at and there I am holding that card.

Just call us Mr. and Mrs. Classy!

Thanks, David. I will cherish it forever?? LOL

When I opened it up, this is what it REALLY said ...



Awwwwwwww.

Skip ahead a little bit for a minute ... A couple days later we're in the car with the kids driving somewhere. We hadn't unloaded everything out of the car from Sundance yet, and Allyson (our 5 year old) decides to start pulling stuff out of the bag that's sitting right next to her seat (we were unaware that she was doing this). David and I were in the middle of talking up front, when Allyson calls out, "Mommy? Why does this card say 'Wow boobs'?" I quickly and calmly responded and said, "that's not what it says sweety, you need to open it up all the way to see what it says." So she opened it up. Then we hear her say,"Ohhhh, I see."

... the down side of having a literate child. haha ;)

Back to Sundance ... So, we leave the restaurant to go back to the car. David then unveils surprise #2. He opens up the back of the van and I see a big blanket covering something. He pulls back the blanket and it's a bunch of bags packed with all the stuff we need to stay the night somewhere. He then tells me that we're staying the night up at Sundance and we get to go skiing that night and all day the next day!!! (And all of it for FREE!)

I was so excited!! Before David got promoted at work a couple years ago, he used to sell seats to Seminars his work would hold up at Sundance. We used to get free nights stays up at Sundance pretty frequently - a perk of the job he did. Since he stopped working in that role, we don't get free stays up there anymore. So, for him to get hooked up with all of this for our anniversary was a pretty awesome surprise!!

We then drove up to our room, unloaded our stuff and went night skiing.

Here's some pics of our room.

The bathroom.



The bedroom.


The kitchen.


The living room.


The deck. (didn't spend much time out there for obvious reasons. haha)


We had a blast night skiing. It was pretty icy, but it was the first time we had gone skiing in 2 years, so we were just happy to be there! (I was pregnant last ski season)

After skiing we went back to our room and had a nice night talking and drinking hot chocolate. Then we fell asleep by the fire. Sooooo nice.

We got out early the next day and ate breakfast, then hit the slopes again. The snow was much nicer that day. It was icy in a few spots, but for the most part it was just fine.



We saw a celebrity!! Remember this lady?



It's Milla Jovovich. She was one of the main characters in "The 5th Element". That's the only movie I've ever seen her in, but we saw her in a preview for a new movie the very next day after we saw her up at Sundance. It's one of the previews on the "Breaking Dawn - Part 1" blueray. We didn't get a picture of her, though. We looked at her and smiled and she noticed we recognized her, but that was about the extent of it. If it was someone that I was a HUGE fan of, I MIGHT have asked for one teeny tiny picture ... MAYBE. I would feel really awkward asking for it, though and I would feel really bad that I was disturbing their personal time.

For lunch we got our favorite thing to eat up at Sundance ...



Frito Pie and Pulled Pork Sanwiches with coleslaw on them. Yummmmmm. :)

Oh ... and hot chocolate.


We ate at the place at the top of the back mountain. There was an INCREDIBLE view from where we were sitting ... that could only be ruined by one thing.

THIS!!!!


THIS COUPLE WOULD NOT STOP MAKING OUT!!! And I'm NOT exaggerating. We were there for probably about 40 minutes and they would make out forever and then stop and hug for a minute and then go right back to making out again!

Aside from ruining my view, they almost made me upchuck my favorite meal. Somehow I managed to keep it all down, though.

I can't remember if I was SURPRISED they didn't fall down the mountain in a passionate, lustful rage or if I was HOPING they would fall down the mountain. One of the two.

Just kidding.

I may or may not have been hoping that a cold, wet snowball would hit them in the face, though. Which I would NEVER have thrown myself. BUT, if I had happened to be standing witness at the exact moment someone had decided to throw a cold, wet snowball at them, I may or may not have stood happily watching. And if I had been standing close enough to block this snowball of my dreams from hitting them, I may or may not have just stood there and let it hit them.

Not admitting to anything. Just sayin'. ;)

The couple FINALLY left at right about the same time we were done eating (go figure). So we stood outside for a few minutes and enjoyed our untainted view.



GORGEOUS!!!

We had so much fun up at Sundance. We eventually had to return to real life and pick up our children from Grandma and Grandpa's house. We argued on the way there about who gets to see/hold our cute, squishy little boy first ... (I won, hehe) ;).

After we picked up the kids, we went and bought "Breaking Dawn - Part 1" (since it came out on blueray that day) and watched it that night after the kids went to bed.

I have to say, it was definitely the best anniversary we've had yet!!

I love you, David. :)

2 comments:

Sanz said...

What an awesome trip! Happy anniversary.

Lindsay and Mike said...

What a fun surprise! Glad you had a good anniversary.