Monday, January 7, 2013

Allyson and Katelyn's 1st Day of School

Just one more post after this and I'm caught up through the end of August!! I didn't take any pictures in September for some reason (is it bad that I'm kind of glad, so I can get caught up on my blog faster?), so technically in one more post I'm caught up through the end of September. Wahoo!! I CAN'T WAIT to have my blog back. I miss having my place to get all of my crazy thoughts and feelings out ... and of course posting pictures of all our adventures IN REAL TIME - AS THEY HAPPEN is fun too. :) For some reason writing a post about Easter when it's NOVEMBER just isn't quite as exciting as writing about Easter when it's APRIL.

Don't get behind on the blog. Lesson learned.

Anyways, back to this post ...

Allyson started 1st grade at Mountainville Academy in the fall and Katelyn started her first year of 3 yr. old preschool at Challenger School. They both were SO excited!! Katelyn COULDN'T WAIT to wear her school uniform ... if only that excitement had stuck around a little longer. Now I have to bribe her with stickers and treats to get her to put it on without a fight. Oh well, at least she only has to wear it one of the two days she goes to school each week.

My cuties are growing up :')


When we went school shopping I came across the CUTEST backpack EVER!!!! It was a pink back pack with little cupcakes all over it. I thought for sure that was the one Allyson would want!!
Ummm ... no.
She sneered her nose at it like it was the ugliest thing she had ever seen. Then she looked around and saw the "Victorious" backpack and jumped up and down yelling that was the one she wanted - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSEEE!!!

I admit, it made me heart broken and sad. My little 6 year old had outgrown all the cutesy pink stuff, skipped over the princesses and Tinkerbells and wanted a backpack with a picture of the star from "Victorious". Wow, they weren't kidding. Kids grow up fast.

No comments: