Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Alpine Loop

Ok, I lied. I did take pictures in September. I thought we did the Alpine Loop in October, but the date on the pictures says otherwise. After this post I AM caught up through the end of September, though. :)

We have a tradition that every year in the fall we make soup (or go to kneaders and buy soup), drive the Alpine loop, kick a ball around at Sundance, and get treats at their bakery.

We don't do it on years that I'm pregnant and we missed getting out there in 2011 cause we were busy and all the leaves fell off the trees before we could make it out there. And we didn't start this tradition until after we had kids, soooo ... ya I think this is maybe the 2nd or 3rd time we've done it? But, it's an annual tradition NOW is what I'm saying. ;)

I made some of my famous chicken and wild rice soup and we went out for our drive. I was really excited to stop and just enjoy the colors this year. Other times when we've gone we just look at all the pretty colors while driving and don't really stop to enjoy it. Yep, this was our year ... until Allyson needed to pee about a quarter of the way through the drive. Yaaaa ... I ended up taking pics from the car as we were driving. As you can see, they turned out lovely. I think I might frame some of them. Or not ...

We had a great time. It's one of my favorite things that we go and do together. :)























No comments: